What does the Celebrant do?

  1. Attends to all the legal paperwork
  2. Assists you to create a ceremony to suit your needs and wishes
  3. Solemnizes your marriage

What are the legal requirements?

You will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage (NIM) min. one month prior to your wedding Form is supplied by me or download from my page on ‘legal “


How far in advance do I need to contact the Celebrant?

When you have decided your wedding date it is recommended to your celebrant, to avoid disappointment.

I am also happy to help with wedding venue ideas.


How long does the ceremony last?

Civil Ceremonies usually take about 20 minutes, including signing of certificates. Allow longer if you wish to include readings. It is your day! Feel free to include readings, rituals, special touches that you like.


Can you help us with our vows? Can we write our own?

Yes to both questions, You are also welcome to create your own –and they don’t need to be the same for each of you. You also don’t need to memorise your vows. I will assist you.


Do we have to attend any pre-marital courses?

Totally up to you. Courses are available and I will be happy to provide you with information.


Can we have a ceremony, or wedding to celebrate our relationship, but not get legally married?

Yes, you can. Some couples have had a legal wedding in a government office, in Australia or overseas, and now wish to celebrate with family and friends. Some are unable to be legally married. The ceremony can reflect your style of a wedding and include all the touches you would like.


Can my children be part of the ceremony?

Children are always a welcome addition to the ceremony and can be included in many ways.


What do I need to do to change my name?

Your name is not automatically changed as a result of you now being formally married.

to have personal documentation, such as your driver's licence, bank accounts and passport, changed to your married surname, a different certificate to the one provided on your wedding day is required and is issued by the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.